The Gush Katif and Northern Samaria Heritage Commemoration Center is committed to making our website as accessible as possible to everyone, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments.
We’re constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we ensure that
the accessibility of the site was carried out to level AA according to Israeli standard 5568 (based on the global WCAG 2.0 standard).
How is accessibility reflected in the site?
• Possibility of navigation using only keyboard and easy identification of the area which is in focus
• Change color contrast (dark background color)
• Gallery stop and start buttons
• Link highlighting (enabled when changing color contrast)
• Text and background color change for the visually impaired and color blind (Activated when changing color contrast)
• Textual description of images and icons for assistive technologies
• Access menus, forms, title hierarchy, tab component, pop-ups and more
• Sitemap for easy and quick access to the various site pages
• Declaration of accessibility with an explanation of compatibility, gaps and accessibility manager
The accessibility adjustment was tested in aids such as monitors and various devices, and included the use of assistive technology of the screen reader type (NVDA).
How to use the accessibility plugin?
The accessibility plugin is active all the time on the site and no special action is required to activate it,
• Clicking the Change Color button in the plugin performs background color change, text color change, and highlight links.
• Keyboard navigation by using the TAB button to skip to different content areas.
• Browser compatibility
The site has been tested in the following browsers: Google chrome mozilla and firefox in their latest versions.
Person in charge for accessibility in the company
The accessibility statement was last updated on 30-11-20
Gush Katif Heritage Center in Nitzan – accessibility
The Visitors Center allows for an independent and respectful experience, adapted and accessible in order to enable a quality cultural experience, from a planned visit of a group to an independent, spontaneous visit of an individual or family.
- Physical, sensory and cognitive accessibility
- Disabled parking
- Accessible restrooms
- Accessible visitor center.
The training team of the center underwent advanced training in the subject, and aids were developed according to these needs